Re: Managing multiple branches in git - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Date
Re: Managing multiple branches in git  (Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca>)
Re: Managing multiple branches in git  (Mark Mielke <mark@mark.mielke.cc>)
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Mielke wrote:

> I am curious about why an end user would really care? CVS and SVN both
> kept local workspace directories containing metadata. If anything, I
> find GIT the least intrusive of these three, as the .git is only in the
> top-level directory, whereas CVS and SVN like to pollute every directory.

That's not the problem.  The problem is that it is kept in the same
directory as the checked out copy.  It would be a lot more usable if it
was possible to store it elsewhere.

Yes, the .svn directories are a PITA.