Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> [090528 16:07]:

>> BTW, can anyone comment on whether and how we can maintain the current
>> split between master repository (that's not even accessible to
>> non-committers) and a public mirror?  If only from a standpoint of
>> security paranoia, I'd rather like to preserve that split, but I don't
>> know how well git will play with it.

> Absolutely not a problem (Doing such things is one of the strengths of git).

In fact, that's generally the standing procedure for git... The
"master" is "pushed" to by a select few, controlled by SSH key access to
accounts with write access to the files/directories of the git repo
(much like I'm assuming the current CVS master is).  And that's pushed
out to any number of other places, either from cron, or post-receive
hooks.

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,