Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:

> To me they sound complex and inconvenient.  I guess I'm kind of
> mystified by why we can't make this work reliably.  Other than the
> "broken tags" issue we've discussed, it seems like the only real issue
> should be how to group changes to different files into a single
> commit.

There's another issue which is that of the $Id$ and similar tags.  We
have to decide what we want to do with them.  If we're not going to have
them in the Git repository, then they are only causing trouble right now
and it would be better to get rid of them completely for the conversion,
to avoid the noise that they will invariably cause.

We could, for example, say that a conversion process is supposed to
un-expand them (say sed -e 's/$Revision:[^$]*$/$Revision$/' and so on;
obviously it's a lot more complex for $Log$) *before* attempting to
analyze any revision.  I think that would make further munging a lot
simpler.