Re: commitfest management webapp - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: commitfest management webapp
Date
List pgsql-www
Robert Haas escribió:

> 3. The integration with the community login system is currently rather
> poor.  The problem is that we can't count on patch submitters to have
> a community login, and even if they do we can't count on the person
> adding the patch to the system to know what it is.  We could of course
> require patch submitters to have a community login and to add their
> patches themselves, but I'm not really that keen on raising the bar
> for submitting a patch even to that modest extent.

Actually we already raised the bar -- people is supposed to add stuff to
the commitfest pages on the wiki by themselves.  Surely any patch
submitter will find the two necessary minutes to create an account.  I
suggest you take it as a given that the submitter has an account
already.  For the cases on which this doesn't hold (i.e. some author
just threw a quick oneliner to fix a typo in docs and is too lazy to
follow procedure), somebody else will be responsibly and life will go
on.