Re: postgresql on windows98 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: postgresql on windows98
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 14 May 2009 5:38:44 am RaviThapliyal wrote:
> Thanks Raymond for the quick reply, but i have certain limitation to this.
>
> I had created a standalone application on postgresql as a backend database
> considering windows xp but now i have learnt that some clients are still
> working on windows 98 OS.
>
> So is there any way out for windows98 to act as a postgres server?
>
> Thanks
> Ravi

The short answer is no. I have tried in the past and it does not work. The other
thing to consider is whether the rest of your application will run under Win98
also. You said you developed against XP , are you sure the front end code will
run under Win98?

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net