Re: Archives policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Archives policy
Date
Re: Archives policy  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-www
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Dave Page wrote:
>
>> OK, well I've removed the bit about removing illegal/unwanted
>> material. FWIW, we *will* remove such unwanted content, otherwise we
>> could easily become an online archive for pr0n/warez etc. which will
>> certainly not do our reputation any good.
>
> Now that you've hashed that out, would you explain *how* would you
> actually remove the posts?  It requires editing the majordomo archive
> store, but I don't think many people has access to that ... I know I
> don't for one (and I keep wondering why, seeing how I am the de facto
> archives maintainer).

All list owners can delete messagse from their archives ... its built into
Mj2:

from 'help archive' which fully explains and examples teh
'archive-delete' option:

archive-delete[-hidden][-force]    listname date_count_number
archive-get[-immediate][-hidden]   listname date_count_number
archive-get-digest[-mime][-hidden] listname date_count_number
archive-index[-hidden]             listname date_count_number
archive-part-delete                listname message_number part_number
archive-part-edit                  listname message_number part_number
archive-part-get[-clean]           listname message_number part_number
archive-stats[-hidden]             listname date_count_number
archive-summary                    listname
archive-sync                       listname pattern
archive-part-replace listname message_number part_number <<ENDTAG
[New Contents]
ENDTAG
message_number,    if specified, indicates a single message
part_number,       if specified, refers to a portion of a message
pattern,           if specified, indicates the names of files
-clean,   if specified, removes dangerous portions of an HTML part
-delete,  if specified, causes messages to be removed from the archive
-digest,  if specified, causes messages to be mailed in digests
-edit,    if specified, allows part of a posted message to be changed
-force,   if specified, removes messages which await digest delivery
-get,     if specified, causes whole messages to be displayed
-hidden,  if specified, displays only hidden messages (admins only)
-immediate, if specified, displays messages without pretty formatting
-index,   if specified, displays a summary of each message
-mime,    if specified, causes digests to be mailed in "mime" format
-part,    if specified, causes part of a posted message to be displayed
-replace, if specified, replaces part of a message with new contents
-stats,   if specified, displays per-user statistics
-summary, if specified, lists archive files and their contents

----