Re: Question on returning Rows in a stored proc - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Question on returning Rows in a stored proc
Date
List pgsql-novice
Richard Sickler <richard.sickler@avagotech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to pl/pgsql and while exploring the world of writing stored procs, I
> came up with a question that I hope some kind person can help me with, namely,
> how does one return a bunch of rows?
> From the examples that I've found on the web, I can return and integer, a real,
> etc.  But if I wanted to return the results of something like a query, (e.g.
> SELECT * FROM foo), how would I do that?

Create your function as "... returns setof ... ", read more:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/plpgsql-control-structures.html

and/or:

18:13 < akretschmer> ??srf
18:13 < rtfm_please> For information about srf
18:13 < rtfm_please> see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/xfunc-sql.html#XFUNC-SQL-TABLE-FUNCTIONS
18:13 < rtfm_please> or http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/26

Andreas