Re: contrib function naming, and upgrade issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: contrib function naming, and upgrade issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Gierth wrote:

> I've been thinking about this, and my conclusion is that schemas as
> they currently exist are the wrong tool for making modules/packages.

This has been discussed at length previously, and we even had an
incomplete but substantive patch posted.  Did you review that?  Some of
it appears to be in line of what you're proposing here.  If you're
interested in this area, perhaps you could pick up where Tom Dunstan
left off.

See URLs here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Source_Code
under "Improve the module installation experience (/contrib, etc)"