Re: small but useful patches for text search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Robert Haas escribi?:
>
> > I personally think that the way pgsql-hackers organizes itself using
> > email is completely insane.
>
> Note that during the 8.4 timeframe we've stolen a lot of work from
> Bruce.  The TODO list was moved to the wiki, for one; the "patch queue"
> was also moved to the wiki.  Now the FAQ has moved to wiki (and has
> already seen lots of improvement, so it was clearly a good move).
> Previously this was all handled as email boxes, so while some
> inefficiences in the process still remain, we're a lot better than we
> were in the 8.3 cycle.

Please take as much work from me as you can.  However, looking at the
TODO commits, I am still the one doing most of the changes:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=Todo&action=history

> > Similarly, the only reason we don't have a workable TODO list is
> > because you're attempting to extract it from a disorganized jumble of
> > email after the fact, instead of maintaining it publicly and adding
> > and removing items along the way.
>
> We do have an alternative "open items" list,
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.4_Open_Items
> However, it's incomplete.  It is a bit sad that nobody can complete it,
> because Bruce has taken "pgpatches" out of the air.  (Of course, anybody
> could go fetch all the pgsql-hackers emails and dig up the remaining
> open items to add them there, but that would be duplicative of the
> effort Bruce has already put into his own queue).

Yep, anyone can do what I am doing now;  there is no magic in my
fingers.

http://enterprisedb.com