Re: Extension of Thick Indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Extension of Thick Indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus escribió:

> Also, for people not familiar with Gokul's work, can you give us an
> explanation of the theory and implementation for this?

It would be helpful to explain how this solves the lack of atomicity of
visibility data updates, which last time I checked was the killer
problem for this feature.

(It'd be good to do this in good ol' plain text email without resorting
to compressed files on random text formats)