Re: Ignore -- testing message-id on footer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Ignore -- testing message-id on footer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Why a patch?  Why not just:
>
> configset DEFAULT message_footer <<ENDAAB
> -
> --
> Archives URL:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/$MESSAGE_ID
> ENDAAB
>
> Its a simple setting ... *shrug*

Because that doesn't work :-)  I already tried (as you can see in the
message that starts this thread) and MESSAGE_ID is not expanded in that
context.  What the patch does is enable it for expansion.

While I have your attention, could you please fix the footer?  I messed
up the trailing whitespace in the "-- " line and I can't fix it.  See
here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/BDE3BC5B7E87393F64EB7359%40ganymede.hub.org

Magnus tried to help but he hit some errors so he backed off; he told me
to ask you instead.  (Note that I only changed it in pgsql-hackers, not
DEFAULT).

Thanks,