Re: [Pkg-postgresql-public] Postgres major version support policy on Debian - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Pitt
Subject Re: [Pkg-postgresql-public] Postgres major version support policy on Debian
Date
List pgsql-general
Cédric Villemain [2009-03-15 23:58 +0100]:
> Any plan for 8.4 pre-beta package ? (Devrim Gunduz provide usefull rpm package,
> I'd like to have the same in debian).
>
> Can it be in the experimental repository ?

So far I usually started packaging those with the first public beta
version, but if we are close to that, sure. Packaging this is probably
easy, it just needs some time to get all the bits in postgresql-common
right (like correctly rewriting obsolete/removed/retyped configuration
settings, and the like).

I'll see to packaging a current snapshot soon.

Martin