Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 freeze ? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Levente Torok
Subject Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 freeze ?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Thursday 12 March 2009, you wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Levente Torok <toroklev@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 March 2009, you wrote:
> >
> >> It can - basically pgAdmin is waiting until the connection attempt
> >> times out (the length of which is not controlled by pgAdmin). I just
> >> tested on CentOS here, and it took 4 minutes to timeout.
> >
> > Well, I don't think there could be any any reason for holding splashsceen on for
> > more than 5 seconds... Or?
> > :)
>
> Splash screen? You suggested it was when connecting to servers - that
> doesn'r happen until you double click on one.

I was just assuming that pgmin is checking if servers are alive at the startup
but since it didn't start up in reasonable time I haven't  use it forawhile so I forget
that it is not likely doing anything since additional click is needed.

So. yess the splashscreen is on forever. How should I debug the case?

--
Blogger of http://fapuma.blogspot.com