Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> > KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> >> As I promised last week, SE-PostgreSQL patches are revised here:
>
> > The patch adds permission checks to SET/SHOW. If that's useful
> > functionality, it would be nice to see that as a separate patch, not
> > requiring SE-Linux.
>
> My goodness.  This patch seems to be going FAR beyond what I thought
> its charter was.

I agree.  I thought the idea was that the first round of SE-PostgreSQL
additions would be to add SE hooks for permissions that PG already
implements.  Other permissions would then be implemented in a PG-way
first, and SE hooks then added to those later.
Stephen