Re: Newbie questions relating to transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carl Sopchak
Subject Re: Newbie questions relating to transactions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday, March 08, 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
> Carl Sopchak <carl.sopchak@cegis123.com> writes:
> > Here's what's around the error message in the log:
> >
> >     SPI Proc: 3154128080 total in 398 blocks; 13664 free (178 chunks);
> > 3154114416 used
>
> Hmm, so apparently some internal leak within the plpgsql engine.  I'd be
> willing to look into this if you can provide a self-contained test case.
> (I don't wish to spend time trying to reverse engineer suitable tables
> and data from the fragmentary function you posted, even assuming that it
> would show the leak ...)
>
>             regards, tom lane

Yeah, those numbers looked pretty big to me, too...  (Even though I didn't
really know what they mean...)

I'll try to put together a test case, but don't hold your breath.  I'm kinda
under a deadline on the project I'm working on, and this is a side track at
best.  There are other ways for me to work around this (client side script or
changing the function to do partial runs at a time) that will get me to where
I need to be.  On the other hand, I like to help solve these types of things,
so I should get around to it eventually...

Thanks for your help.

Carl