Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Tolley
Subject Re: Make SIGHUP less painful if pg_hba.conf is not readable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:47:55AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Yeah, the big question is if we want to backport something like this at
> > all... Thoughts?
>
> The issue never even came up before, so I'd vote to not take any risks
> for it.  How often do people mess up the protections on pg_hba.conf?

Apparently I do :) Whether I'm the only one or not, I can't say. I
realize this wouldn't protect anyone from, say, syntax errors, which
certainly are more common.

As an aside, is access() adequately portable, ok to use within the
backend, etc.? I just sort of took a shot in the dark.

- Josh / eggyknap