Re: work_mem in high transaction rate database

From: Akos Gabriel
Subject: Re: work_mem in high transaction rate database
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

work_mem in high transaction rate database  (Flavio Henrique Araque Gurgel, )
 Re: work_mem in high transaction rate database  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: work_mem in high transaction rate database  (Akos Gabriel, )
  Re: work_mem in high transaction rate database  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
 Re: work_mem in high transaction rate database  (Flavio Henrique Araque Gurgel, )
  Re: work_mem in high transaction rate database  (Scott Carey, )
   Re: work_mem in high transaction rate database  (Scott Marlowe, )

Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:37:42 -0700 -n
Scott Marlowe <> írta:

> Oh my lord, that is a foot gun waiting to go off.  Assuming 2k
> connections, and somehow a fair number of them went active with big

I absolutely agree with Scott. Plus set effective_cache_size
accordingly, this would help the planner. You can read a lot about
setting this in the mailing list archives.

--
Üdvözlettel,
Gábriel Ákos