BUG #4654: not accepting password for user - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tyler Ware
Subject BUG #4654: not accepting password for user
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4654
Logged by:          Tyler Ware
Email address:      tylerware@bellsouth.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   windows xp
Details:

Directly after installing postgresql I try to create a db using createdb
within the /bin folder.  This runs, but then prompts me for a password.
Type in the password that I entered as the admin password while installing,
and it produces an error message saying to correct password for user Tyler.
I know its the correct password, I just entered as the correct password.
This is on a windows system, XP.