Re: Pet Peeves? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Pet Peeves?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 05:18:17PM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:57 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>
> > * Neither of them let you set up Slony (or any other replication
> > system) to start with.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> pgAdmin does (well, barring installation and setting up slon.conf):
> http://pgsnake.blogspot.com/2007/09/setting-up-slony-i-with-pgadmin.html

It's exactly that setup that's the peeve.  I don't think that this is
an easy problem to fix, as the general one needs filesystem access to
more than one machine, even machines without PostgreSQL installed, for
the case where the slons are on separate boxes.

It's just a peeve. :)

On the other hand, lack of a good set of startup tools has pretty much
tanked Slony adoption :(

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!