Re: Output filter for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Output filter for psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:08:54 -0500
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > I suppose we could define another line with options that we could
> > define for meta information such as the border setting and the table
> > name and whatever we define later.  E.g:
> >
> > "table:person","border:3","funky:option with \":\""
>
> Why do you want to add this extra information? psql doesn't output it
> now, and IIRC your original proposal didn't do it either.

It mentioned including meta information.  I'm not sure that I really
care if I get it but we may want it in general, if not now then later,
and it would be something that would be extremely hard to retrofit.  If
we start out with just the table and perhaps the border setting we can
always add more later if we find we need it.  If we don't start with
something then adding an extra line later will cause all sorts of
heartache.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves