Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Peter Eisentraut (peter_e@gmx.net) wrote:
> > The SQL spec doesn't define row-level security, and coming
> > up with something willy-nilly on our own doesn't really strike me as the
> > best approach.
>
> Exactly.  But there is plenty of discussion on that elsewhere.

That's the nice thing about the SE-PostgreSQL patch..  It's at least
following established row-level security setups in other enterprise
RDBMSs...  The folks coming out now and saying we should require using a
WHERE clause or similar would cause a serious deviation from what's
being done today, without any real change or advantage that I see..
Thanks,
    Stephen