Re: Database schema & data synchronizer software for PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Database schema & data synchronizer software for PostgreSQL?
Date
Re: Database schema & data synchronizer software for PostgreSQL?  (Együd Csaba <csegyud@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 20 January 2009 10:44:06 David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:03:33PM +0100, Csaba Együd wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to ask your suggestions about a reliable admin software
> > which is able to compare two dabases and generate a schema
> > synchrinizer script.
>
> There is no such thing, and there is no prospect of there ever being
> such a thing, because the database does not contain enough information
> to create this automatically.  The problem exists at the
> organizational level, and needs to be solved there.

While I would agree that these tools can't solve organizational problems, they
do exist:

http://pgdiff.sourceforge.net/
http://apgdiff.sourceforge.net/
http://www.dbsolo.com/