A better BETWEEN for DATEs, TIMEs and TIMESTAMPs? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reg Me Please
Subject A better BETWEEN for DATEs, TIMEs and TIMESTAMPs?
Date
List pgsql-general
While I do understand that the BETWEEN operator is actually "synctactic
sugar", from time to time I find myself wondering about a better BETWEEN for
DATEs, TIMEs and TIMESTAMPs (but not only these ones).

Infact I always have managed ranges where the lower part is to be matched with
the ">=" comparison operator while the higher part is matched with the "<".
In other words, until now I've always encountered intervals of the
type "[...)" and not "[...]".

Wouldn't it be nice to have a version of the BETWEEN operator which uses
such a kind of intervals?

--
Fahrbahn ist ein graues Band
weisse Streifen, grüner Rand