Re: Documenting pglesslog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Documenting pglesslog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 23:38 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > It is BSD licensed.  I don't see any copyright issues:
> >
> >     http://pglesslog.projects.postgresql.org/
>
> A licence and copyright are different things. Why do we insist on
> changing copyright on our code if it is unimportant?

Because the BSD copyright has no enforcement, I don't think the
copyright holder is important --- look at all the companies that take
our code and use it in their commercial products.  We rebrand code we
accept so it is clear who maintains it;  note we take NetBSD code and
add our copyright name to theirs and distribute it as our own.

http://enterprisedb.com