[EXPLAIN] Nested loops - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reg Me Please
Subject [EXPLAIN] Nested loops
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi.

For an INNER JOINed query, EXPLAIN says that a "nested loop" is responsible
for the big part of the time needed to run.

The 2 tables JOINed are:

T1: multi-million rows
T2: few dozens rows

The join is though a single column in both sides and it's NOT a PK in either
table. But I have indexes in both T1 and T2 for that column.

I've read in the "Explaining EXPLAIN" by Rober Treat
(at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Image:OSCON2005-ExplainingExplain.sxi)
that this nested loop can be slow because of lacking of indexes.

Is there any hint to try to speed that query up?

As of now, only a REINDEX can help thanks to caching, I presume.
But the EXPLAIN still says there's a slow nested loop.

--
Fahrbahn ist ein graues Band
weisse Streifen, grüner Rand