Warning about the 8.4 release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Warning about the 8.4 release
Date
Re: Warning about the 8.4 release  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Warning about the 8.4 release  ("Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: Warning about the 8.4 release  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: Warning about the 8.4 release  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Warning about the 8.4 release  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I am now warning that we have an unusually large number of open items
that must be either completed or moved to the TODO list before 8.4 can
be released.

Everyone knows about the commit fest wiki items, but I am tracking 291
threads that need some type of attention;  if only 50% of them are
significant for 8.4, that still leaves +100 items that should be
completed in the next month.   You can see the full list here:
http://momjian.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches

If we just move them all to the TODO list, the TODO list will be
significantly larger for 8.4 than in previous releases, and fixing items
only gets harder as we get farther away from the email discussion that
prompted the item (and we risk a MySQL 5.1 debacle).

I have already approached developers to get help in completing these
items, but got little assistance.

http://enterprisedb.com