Re: Adding Arabic dictionary for TSearch2.. to_tsvector('arabic'...) doesn't work.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: Adding Arabic dictionary for TSearch2.. to_tsvector('arabic'...) doesn't work..
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 02:49:51PM +0100, Mohamed wrote:
> I have just made the switch from MySql to PostgreSql to be able to take
> advantage of TSearch2 and I just arrived to the mailing list :) I am
> creating a website in two languages (english, arabic) and would like to have
> dictionaries for both for my search. I noticed that arabic wasn't in as
> default. How can I add it / make it work ?

Not sure about adding different dictionaries; but there was a discussion
about multiple languages in the same relation a month ago:

  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-11/msg00340.php

if you don't get any more pointers, the following page documents PG's
support of full text searching:

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/textsearch.html

  Sam