Re: [HACKERS] New IP address datatype - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] New IP address datatype
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> Speaking of which, I wonder what Paul would say about the primary key
> discussion.  Maybe I'll drop him a note.

Good thought, if he's not reading the mailing list anymore (which seems
likely given the volume...).

I still assert that indexes need to behave the same as the comparison
operators --- but maybe the comparison operators ought to behave
differently for INET and CIDR types?  It seems reasonable that
the netmask should be ignored when comparing one, but not the other...