Re: PGCon 2008 RFP - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Fetter
Subject Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 08:08:19AM -0800, Robert Bernier wrote:
> On Saturday 27 December 2008 19:15:02 Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > What do you think about the idea of standardizing all
> > > presentation slides and documentation?
> >
> > If you mean requiring everyone to use the same slide template, I'm
> > very opposed to it.
>
> Since the advantages are self-evident, can you explain to me the
> advantages of "not" standardizing?

With all due respect, you've got this completely backwards.  As the
person proposing a change, the burden of proof is on you to show
first, that it's beneficial, and second, that it's beneficial *enough*
to do the work of changing.

Apart from, "some entity somewhere else has done unspecified work for
their purposes, which may or may not have anything to do with this,"
you haven't even started making your case for the first part.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!