BUG #4584: PostgreSQL service doesn't start - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Mark Muzenhardt
Subject BUG #4584: PostgreSQL service doesn't start
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4584
Logged by:          Mark Muzenhardt
Email address:      mark.muzenhardt@arcor.de
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.5-2
Operating system:   Windows XP professional
Details:

I have installed the one-click-installer of PostgreSQL on a virtual machine
with a new WindowsXP professional installation (nothing but PostgreSQL is
installed). I did not get access to the database, so I began to search why.
I found, that the PostgreSQL service was not started and tried to do this by
myself. The service is refusing to run, no matter what I've tried. A
postgres-user was created by the installer and I installed PostgreSQL with
the Administrator account, so this issued can not be the problem.