Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance] - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [ANNOUNCE] spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance]
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wednesday 10 December 2008 03:11:23 Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm not entirely sure what the guidelines for listing on our downloads
> > page ought to be, but I think we should have some.  At minimum a
> > representative on pgsql-packagers.
>
> That should be OK for the time being.  We do have a pgsql-packagers
> "policy" at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Packagers that says that if
> you produce proprietary things or don't keep up you will get dropped.
> So that would prevent listing commercial or out-of-date downloads.

Hmm... wasn't aware we discriminated against proprietary packagers. I'd think
companies like truviso and greenplum (and edb if they had different people in
charge) would all be interested in rolling out security updates asap, and all
have distributions of some level of popularity where it's in .org's best
interest to make sure they stay updated (edb the most, though again they get
the insider info anyway).

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net