Re: What's going on with pgfoundry? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: What's going on with pgfoundry?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Steve Crawford wrote:

> Obscurity should not be your *only* line of defense, but camouflage
> helps as well. And even if it didn't, it still reduces server-load,
> bandwidth and heaps of logfile cruft.

In order case, thankfully, there was minimal banwidth impact, but the
server load on some of the machines was to the point of unusability ...
again, thankfully, that didn't manifest it self on any of the postgresql
servers, but we didn't want to take any chances of it bleeding over ...

----