Re: Hash join on int takes 8..114 seconds - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Hash join on int takes 8..114 seconds
Date
List pgsql-performance
Andrus wrote:

>> So I gather you're not doing any vacuuming, eh?
>
> Log files for every day are full of garbage messages below.
> So I hope that vacuum is running well, isn't it ?

This does not really mean that autovacuum has done anything in the
databases.  If the times are consistently separated by 1 min, then it's
possible that it always exits without doing anything.

In such old a release we didn't have any decent logging mechanism in
autovacuum :-(  You can change log_min_messages to debug2 to see if it
actually does anything or not.

I suggest you connect to the problem database (and then to all others,
just to be sure) and run "vacuum" (no full).