Re: SEPostgres - on track for 8.4? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: SEPostgres - on track for 8.4?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thursday 23 October 2008 16:03:09 Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > personally if someone does know that there is a patent, i'd rather we
> > heard about it before we put the code in than after.
>
> 90% of granted patents are invalid.  And *nobody* on our mailing lists is
> capable of judging validity *or* infringement.

100% of "granted" patents are valid until proven otherwise.

> So you, Robert, are basically encouraging people to troll our lists with
> spurious patent issues.  Please stop it, right now.

I think that is probably better than encouraging people to add knowlingly
infringing code into our source tree, which is what you, Josh, are basically
doing.

--
Robert Treat