Re: drupal 6.x fixes for PostgreSQL 8.3 available - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Subject Re: drupal 6.x fixes for PostgreSQL 8.3 available
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:14:30 +0400 (MSD)
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:

> Hi there,

> I know there are many people having problem with Drupal and
> PostgreSQL. My former colleague Alex Tutubalin just piblished
> several fixes for Drupal 6.5, see
> http://groups.drupal.org/node/15793

It seems that most of the problems were related to the migration
from mysql to pg and pg not set to UTF8.

I didn't play enough with d6 to say anything definitive but with the
exception of too long string not being automatically truncated in
some logs table (access and watchdog) installation went smooth.

Modules are another issue... there you may find more problems but
fortunately often due to SQL standard ignorance rather than
mysqlism/postgrelism issues.

Generally it is not hard to "patch" drupal to work properly but
sometimes it is annoying to maintain your own patch till they are
integrated by upstream.

If you forget about people regularly shouting to drop postgresql
support because it delay drupal releases... drupal is reasonably
postgresql friendly... even if it could get better.

unless he run into a lot of autocast breakage...

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it