Re: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible
Date
List pgsql-bugs

> Bug reference:      4458
> Logged by:
> Email address:      nomail@mailinator.com
> PostgreSQL version: firefox 2
> Operating system:   freebsd
> Details:
>
> A quick note that flash is still proprietary and not
> universally available, therefore content posted only as
> flash is unavailable to otherwise perfectly viable
> platforms. I don't think adobe's unwillingness to change
> that should be reason to ditch my preferred platform, so
> please put some thought toward publishing content at
> least also in truly open formats.
>
> The second note is that I noticed my firefox started
> trashing as soon as I opened more than one postgresql.org
> tab concurrently, with little to no trouble without them
> and 30+ other firefox windows (with each 5+ tabs) open.
> It may be that the javascript and css used could use some
> complexity reduction and speeding-up.

Based on the email address, I can only assume that this is spam.

But, just in case someone is worried that there may be some
validity to the complaint:
I use FreeBSD/Firefox 2 and I don't have any trouble
having many, many tabs open and pointing to various parts of
the pg.org site.  I also don't use Flash and don't know what
he's talking about.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.