Re: Finding some bug statistics.. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Finding some bug statistics..
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 07:55:32AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Chander Ganesan wrote:
>> Do we have any published bug statistics?  I'm looking for some
>> numbers  such as the ones found here:
>>
>> http://bugs.mysql.com/tide.php
>>
>> In particular, I'd like to find on a monthly basis, the number of
>> bugs  opened, and closed - preferably since some time in 2002.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated....
>
> The closest I think you would get is the changelogs, which generally
> will discuss bugs that are found and fixed. Unfortunately it will be
> tough to know which bugs were found on the basis of development
> versus  user reports.

Commit messages tend to include phrases like, "per gripe from Foo
Bar," but they can be a little tedious to go through.  Fortunately,
there's an archive of them going back some time in the PostgreSQL
Weekly News :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!