Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> True, but think we would like to have all the SQL-level stuff done
> first, or at least decide we don't want it at the SQL level, before
> moving forward with adding fine-grained controls.

This makes no sense.  We've been sitting for years on the per-row
privilege stuff, and there haven't been many takers.  It doesn't look
like somebody is going to write it for 8.4, which means delaying the
inclusion of SE-Pgsql stuff just because that other thing is not done
does not favor anyone.