Re: PostgreSQL future ideas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: PostgreSQL future ideas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chris,

> This does not strike me as a particularly useful exercise.  If I
> intended such a rewrite, I'd much rather consider using something
> *interestingly* different from C, like Erlang or Eiffel or Haskell.

And if you were going to do *that*, you'd also rewrite the database to
operate entirely in-memory over a cluster of anonymous servers.

At which point the only thing left of PostgreSQL would be the parser.
Hmmm, this is sounding familiar somehow ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL