Re: PDF Documentation for 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: PDF Documentation for 8.3?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 08:56:50PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Note:   The american "Letter" format sucks, because I am printing
>         two A4 pages on ONE A4 side and with the "Letter"  format
>         I get very huge borders...

I find the psnup command (part of psutils) useful here, I tend to use:

  pdftops file.pdf - | psnup -2 -b-20 -m20 > file.ps

To print two pages per side and expand them so there's less wasted
space; the 20 is the size of the border.

I had a good look for tools that would run through the document to
automatically find the real paper size and scale it appropriately, but
couldn't find anything maybe a year ago.  If anyone knows of anything
like this I'd be glad to know!

  Sam