Re: Download links - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Download links
Date
Re: Download links  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-www
All,

> I tend to find this a bit misleading: both the front page and the
> linked-to pages give the impression that you are being pointed to
> community-supplied binaries.  With all due respect to Dave, I agree
> that having to fork over identifying information to EDB is not
> something I want people to think the community is pushing.

Well, I can see two solutions:
(1) EDB stops collecting the information on community redirects, or
(2) we move it to a section clearly labelled as "commercial distributors".

(2) has the advantage that, should *more* commercial distributors show up, we
have a place to put them.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL