Re: Move src/tools/backend/ to wiki - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Move src/tools/backend/ to wiki
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> So I went ahead and moved its mention to a separate question, where it
>> has a lot more visibility.  (I also added an URL to anoncvs, where
>> people can see it more readily.)
>
> Perhaps the low visibility also has to do with the fact that
> documentation is hidden under "tools".

Well, with the way it was before it was even more hidden.  Now at least
it has its own question, and has working links and all.

However I wonder how much value there really is in the developer's FAQ,
considering that some answers seem rather poor.  For example the
answer on ereport() was wrong, and nobody ever pointed it out.  The
answer on palloc/pfree is very incomplete too.

My question is, is this resource actually useful for somebody?

> Once  we start applying the argument that things should be moved to
> the wiki  based on getting more people to work on it, we might as well
> move the  source code to the wiki altogether. ;-)

Hey, now that's a clever idea!