Re: too many clog files - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Duan Ligong
Subject Re: too many clog files
Date
List pgsql-performance
Alvaro wrote:
> Move the old clog files back where they were, and run VACUUM FREEZE in
> all your databases.  That should clean up all the old pg_clog files, if
> you're really that desperate.  This is not something that I'd recommend
> doing on a periodic basis ...

Thank you for your suggestions.
I tried it with VACUUM FREEZE, but it still does not work.
VACUUM FULL was also be tried, but it doesn't work, either.
The old files were not be deleted.

I suspect there are some configuration items which disable vacuum's
cleaning old clog files, because it seems that vacuum could not
delete old clog files at all.
My configurations are as follows:
- - - -
tcpip_socket = true