Re: Noisy CVS updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Noisy CVS updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:39:25 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > I assume that you are talking about conflicts.  In fact, that's one of
> > the main reasons for wanting a quiet update so that I can catch those
> > right away when I am working on some files.  I do an automatic update
> > daily to keep current with the head. I don't do a "make distclean"
> > first because I may be working on something and I want to keep the
> > changes in the tree to try stuff and report patches against HEAD.
>
> Huh?  distclean does not remove any source-code changes, only derived
> files.

Sorry, I was unclear.  I meant that I might still be working on some
source code changes and I didn't want to do a distclean every morning
and then have to rebuild the tree in order to be able to work on my
changes again.  I use CVS in enough projects to understand how it works.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves