Re: [patch] GUC source file and line number - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [patch] GUC source file and line number
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 28 August 2008 13:08:58 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a patch to add source file and line numbers to GUC variables.
> Basically this makes pg_settings look like this:

<snip>
> This should make life easier for tools trying to find the config file
> each setting is from (and possibly edit it).

If I have read this patch right, anything commented out (aka all of our
default values) will emit null in these fields... right? Trying to decide
just how helpful this will actually be for tool writers.

--
Robert Treat