Re: Fixing the representation of ORDER BY/GROUP BY/DISTINCT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Fixing the representation of ORDER BY/GROUP BY/DISTINCT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 08:54:49PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> So while I was fooling with Steve Midgley's problem I got a bit of a bee
> in my bonnet about the way that the parser emits ORDER BY, GROUP BY,
> and DISTINCT lists.

There's an open TODO item in this area: namely that a GROUP BY referring
to a primary key is equivalent to a GROUP BY involving all the rest of
the fields. Now, I don't think anyone has proposed a way to support
that, but I wanted to check we arn't making it harder to do with these
changes...

Have a nice day,