Re: pg_dump additional options for performance - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pg_dump additional options for performance
Date
List pgsql-patches
* Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
> Custom format rocks for partial set restores from a whole dump. See the
> TOC option :)

I imagine it does, but that's very rarely what I need.  Most of the time
we're dumping out a schema to load it into a seperate schema (usually on
another host).  Sometimes that can be done by simply vi'ing the file to
change the search_path and whatnot, though more often we end up pipe'ing
the whole thing through sed.  Since we don't allow regular users to do
much, and you have to 'set role postgres;' to do anything as superuser,
we also often end up adding 'set role postgres;' to the top of the .sql
files.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment