Re: pg_dump additional options for performance - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pg_dump additional options for performance
Date
List pgsql-patches
Simon,

* Simon Riggs (simon@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > I hadn't realized that Simon was using "pre-schema" and "post-schema"
> > to name the first and third parts.  I'd agree that this is confusing
> > nomenclature: it looks like it's trying to say that the data is the
> > schema, and the schema is not!  How about "pre-data and "post-data"?
>
> OK by me. Any other takers?

Having the command-line options be "--schema-pre-data" and
"--schema-post-data" is fine with me.  Leaving them the way they are is
also fine by me.  It's the documentation (back to pg_dump.sgml,
~774/~797) that starts talking about Pre-Schema and Post-Schema.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment