Re: pgsql: Allow TRUNCATE foo, foo to succeed, per report from Nikhils. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow TRUNCATE foo, foo to succeed, per report from Nikhils.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Huh? There was a bug report, with suggested fix on June 5th from
> > Nikhil - http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-06/msg00231.php
> >
> > No-one responded, and over a month later Bruce fixed the bug, pointing
> > out that TRUNCATE is now consistent with LOCK.
> >
> > The fact that Bruce fixed it during a commit fest is irrelevant. Bug
> > fixes don't stop for commit fests
>
> OK, my mistake. Comments withdrawn, with apologies.

The ugly truth is that my schedule is now so crazy with travel that I am
having to catch up with community emails that need attention anytime I
have the chance, rather than at appropriate times.

Recent schedule:

    -1 week, church mission trip to Pittsburgh
    +1 week, OSCON
    +3 weeks, Linuxworld
    +6 weeks, Brasilia conference