Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: A guide/tutorial to performance monitoring and tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
Le Friday 27 June 2008, Scott Marlowe a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Nikhil G. Daddikar <ngd@celoxis.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been searching on the net on how to tune and monitor performance
> > of my postgresql server but not met with success. A lot of information is
> > vague and most often then not the answer is "it depends". Can anyone of
> > you refer me a nice guide or tutorial on this?
>
> If you run nagios, lookup the pgsql nagios plugin.  it's quite an
> impressive little bit of code.

http://bucardo.org/check_postgres/ but it only supervise afaik

you can collect data and monitor with munin :
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/muninpgplugins/

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données